Monday, November 24, 2008

Heaven came near.... an unwanted good-bye

We had a very sad week. My dear sister, Aimee, unexpectedly passed away last week. Words cannot express our grief.



Memories of her even in this past year fill our minds:
- She met me at the airport w/ my other sister, Genevieve, when I flew back from Ukraine to be rediagonsed w/ cancer
- went with me to all those initial doctor appts.
- was the family hostess for the holidays of our northern family
- met Josh in Sacramento on his field trip
- flew down for Josh and Mark's birthdays
- came down to visit me w/ Genevieve
- gathered the birthday and Christmas lists from Ben and Josh and bought everything on the lists for them!
- came down w/ Gen and Mom to celebrate my birthday
- called on the exact date of our birthdays and sang "Happy Birthday" to us
- always kept in touch thru e-mails and phone calls
The list goes on. She leaves a big hole for many.

If you look at my last blog entry, she is the one who left a comment. Now she is in that place - Heaven - enjoying our Lord and Savior, for it was thru her that I became a Christian...
"...and thus we shall always be with the Lord." 1 Thess 4:17
"...depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better." Phil 1:23

3 comments:

Sergei said...

Bonnie, this is very sad news. What brings comfort though is the fact that Aimee is with the Lord - the place we all want to be. I did not meet her but through your blog's pictures and now I know how much she meant to you and what role she played in who you are now.
May God comfort all of you there. Grieving with you.
Sergei for our family.

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Bonnie, your tribute to Aimee is so touching. I'm sure the holidays will be marked by sadness because of your loss. But as you noted, this tragedy is actually Aimee's gain. For the first time, she'll get to express her thanks directly to God who loves her and gave His life for her. She's experiencing what we can only look forward to.

May the God of all comfort provide just what you need.

Becky

Bonnie said...

Thank you, Sergei and Becky