Monday, July 14, 2008

18 Miles and the "Pied Piper"...

Actually, right now I am sitting in Panera sipping a latte between doctor appts at City of Hope. I had a CT scan this morning, next is a blood panel, doctor appt and then my monthly infusion (with a nap). My doctor will have most of the results by the time I see him, so I'll let you know tomorrow how things went.

In the meantime, here are some photos of our church campout from last week in Mammoth. I must admit that I'm not the "camper". I don't like dirt or bugs much, but the fellowship was completely worth it, in fact I may be open to doing it again. Our highlights: besides the 3 speakers (1 being my husband :), the great fellowship - getting to know people better, the morning devotions with the small group of us who woke up, and watching Ben and Josh have so much fun.

Ben all of a sudden seems older and had a great time hanging out with the older youth. He even went on an 18 mile hike with them up a mountain.


Josh had a little following of pre-schoolers all week. He does amazingly well with younger kids and likes playing with them and they with him! Barefoot and dirty was their motto all week - loving every minute!

a cold dip at Rainbow Falls...

1 comment:

Derek said...

Yeah Josh and Ben! Way to get in the water. When we all went to the falls there were lots of people but only Mike and I swam. Were you guys the only ones in the water too?