Friday, November 2, 2007

a special guest from Ukraine ...


We had a special visitor from Ukraine this week - Eduard Borisov (Edik). Edik and Eric Oldenburg direct Talbot's new Extension Master's Program in Kyiv at KTS, while Mark now directs from here in CA. Talbot flew Edik over to get better acquainted with Talbot and it's vision. It was so nice to have him here. After a week of meetings, on his last day, we gave him the So. Cal experience - as you see in the photo - Laguna Beach.

Dr. Chow had me come in today because I've been having some numbing, tingling and aching in my fingers and arms. They are taking me off the arimidex for a few days or so and re-evaluating. I've had it for a while now, but it has progressively been getting worse, where last night I didn't sleep all that well. I'll write what the outcome is. I'm so glad I'm being treated at City of Hope - I called today and was seen by the doctor the same day! I'm most grateful because "the nearness of God is my good..." Ps. 73:28

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bonnie - So glad you are in Dr. Chow's good care and City of Hope is close by. Look forward to hearing. Here also is an interesting website from the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/symptom-checker/DS00671/SYMPTOM=43E7D265-2A5D-9994-E6B70312332254A3

Love, Gen

Unknown said...

Hi Bonnie,
Hope the tingling and numbness subside. I bet it can be quite irritating! I know dad complained about it when he started getting similar side effects. That is why they ended his chemo early.

You are right, it is so wonderful that you have Dr. Chow and the City of Hope. When you think of how nurturing they are and how all your needs are taken into consideration, it is nothing short of a blessing.

Love, Aimee

boredik said...

Bonnie, it was a very nice time for me to spend with your family in California. It was especially good to be with you all and have relaxing time after a bit stressful meetings with big shorts at Talbot. Thank you for making me feel at home being far from home that week.
I believe God will continue his work in the process of your healing.

Ed